Menu
header photo

Moorefield Church of the Brethren

Continuing the work of Jesus. Peacefully. Simply. Together.

Our congregation was started . . .

  • In 1954 with twelve members meeting in a room at the old Fire Hall.
  • We were granted congregational status in 1957 with 41 members. That same year we purchased property on Winchester Avenue, with a large house which was used as both the parsonage and sanctuary.
  • We built a sanctuary onto the original house in 1958 to accommodate our growing membership.
  • In 1975, we purchased the property known as the Old Moorefield Grade School from the Hardy County¬†Board of Education and six years later, February 1981, we moved into the present facility.